Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 11

Job 5 continues with Eliphaz talking to Job.  Eliphaz is telling Job that God does provide and will continue to provide even in troubling times.  Really I could not get much more from that chapter.

After reading Job 6 I am not really sure what to say.  I have read through it twice now and for some reason can not wrap my mind around what it is saying.

The reading of Job 7 then makes me wonder if this is a prayer going up to the Lord.  Job ask many questions in this chapter.  I hope the next chapter gives us the answers I am looking for.

Matthew 8:18 - 34 begins with Jesus talking to his disciples again.  One of the disciples ask to bury his father but Jesus tells him that he should follow Him.  Jesus and the disciples enter a boat and push out into the lake.  As Jesus sleeps a storm comes upon the ship.  The disciples are scared and wake Jesus for help.  Jesus speaks and calms the storm.  When Jesus and his disciples reach the other side of the lake they are confronted by two demon-possessed men.  They confront Jesus and plead for their lives.  Jesus spares them by sending them into a herd of pigs which rushed down a steep bank and into the lake where they drowned.  I love this show of power, yet the people of the town fear it.  To hear of not one but two demons being cast out of two horrible people would be amazing to hear about and to see the men as normal I think would be a great testimony.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Job 8, 9, 10 and Matthew 9:1 - 17

1 comment:

  1. 5. I agree with you, but found this a comforting chapter. "So the poor have hope and injustice shuts her mouth." What can be better then hope? "He wounds, but he binds up; He smites, but His hands heal." It's the opposite of he giveth and taketh away.
    6. Job begs God to kill him and end is suffering in the first part. He assumes God is punishing him. "For the arrows of the Almighty are in me; my spirit drinks their poison; the terrors of God are arrayed against me." He asks God to help him see where he has gone wrong and help him to fix it. "Teach me, and I will be silent; make me understand how I have erred."
    7. I feel like this is the chapter where Job gives up hope. He seems like a beaten man at the end of this chapter. He's still not cursing God, but he questions Him.
    8. I feel like this whole chapter is about establishing how powerful Jesus is.

    ReplyDelete