Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 18

Job 25 has to be by far the shortest chapter that we have read yet and it confuses me like many others in Job.  I am not sure if Bildad is trying to show the wonder of God or tell Job how little of a man he is.  Who knew a chapter so short could cause so much confusion, at least for me.

Job 26 is Job telling us how amazing God's power truly is and we only see a fraction of it.  I kind of like this chapter as in my mind it shows that even through the trials Job still has an amazing respect for God.

Job continues in 27 talking about how he will never turn on God.  He will continue to be righteous in the eyes of God till the day he dies which he feels is fast approaching.  I applaud Job for his strength and integrity that he shows all through out these trials.

Our reading in Matthew continues with the pharisees doubting Jesus and saying he is able to cast out demons because he is working with Beelzebub.  Jesus once again knows their thoughts and confronts them in a teaching fashion to prove the work He is doing.  The pharisees then ask to see a miracle and Jesus rebukes them for this.  He tells them of how he will spend three days in the ground and then rise and how he is wiser then Solomon.  The last part of this chapter I am not sure that I like.  To me it almost sounds like he says he has no mother or brothers besides his disciples.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Job 28, 29 and Matthew 13:1 - 30

1 comment:

  1. 25. To me it's about the wonder of God. I felt like Bildad was saying, God is so great and so perfect; how can man hope to compare. He is so much less then God he's like a maggot or a worm.
    26. I found this chapter very confusing. Is Job coming around, is he just agreeing with Bildad? I don't get it.
    27. These last two chapters seem to me that Job has done a 180. He's suddenly declaring his devotion, after all the questioning and judgments he made before about God's actions?
    12. I think it's ironic that they ask him to perform a miracle for them, when they know he's been performing miracles left and right. I mean isn't that why they are confronting him in the first place.

    ReplyDelete