Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 17

In Job 22 Eliphaz is speaking again and to start out I though he was telling Job that he really was an evil person.  As we keep reading though we find out that he is only talking and that he tells Job that he needs to do more then just pray to God.  He should give everything to God as well as prayer to receive God's grace.

Job 23 and 24 both have Job speaking again in response to Eliphaz.  Job begins by telling how he would like to confront God face to face to find answers.  Then he continues to tell how evil men are brought up for awhile before they are taken away.  I feel that Job is extremely confused and I can not blame him.  If this was happening to me I could only hope that my faith would be strong enough not to curse God for the problems that had been brought down on me.

In Matthew 12 we see Jesus and the disciples being confronted by the pharisees for picking some grain on the Sabbath.  According to the laws no work was to be done on the day of the Sabbath.  Jesus remains calm as always and not only tells a story but also ask questions, which in his teaching is a very common method for him.  The pharisees are not happy with this and begin to plot a way to kill Jesus.  Jesus knows this and decides that it is time to leave.  As he leaves he continues to work miracles on those needing healed with instructions on not to tell of who He really was.  I do not understand why He does this.  Does it have something to do with the fact that He says those that have faith without seeing are better then those who have faith and have seen?

Tomorrow's reading is:
Job 25, 26, 27 and Matthew 12:24 - 50

1 comment:

  1. 22. I guess I felt like he was saying maybe Job wasn't good as he thought he was. I may have to reread it.
    23. I agree that Job seems confused. He talks about not knowing where to find God, but it seems he should know where to find him.
    24. I'm curious where that line of cursing God actually is. He is clearly displease, questioning, bitter....
    12. Again, maybe I'm misreading, but I thought the not telling was to fulfill the prophecy of Isaiah?

    ReplyDelete