Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 15

I am not shocked that Job 17 continues with Job feeling sorry for his life and being ready to die.  He continues to plead the same sad story we have heard several times.

Job 18 is Bildad speaking to Job once again trying to speak some sense into Job.  Bildad continues with his words of wisdom hoping Job will snap out of it which so far has yet to happen.

In Job 19 we once again see Job reply to his friend.  He tells how God has stripped him of everything that has ever been given to him.  How God will not even cast a bit of light on him but shrouds him in darkness.  Job shows that he is ready to meet his maker to see Him with his own eyes.

Matthew 10:21 - 42 continues with Jesus giving instructions to his disciples.  He continues to tell them how they should look out for evil men and how to treat everyone they come in contact with.  He then continues to tell them how they are to love people and that He should be loved over everyone else.  Close to the end we come across another one of my favorite verses.  Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. (Matt. 10:39)

Tomorrow's reading is:
Job 20, 21 and Matthew 11

1 comment:

  1. 17. Well, I was wrong about the hope, seems like we are back to hopelessness again.
    18. The theme of what he's saying seems to be that Job is making it worse for himself.
    19. Job says, "My close friends have failed me." If I were the friends that have been patiently sitting with Job and trying repeatedly to offer him comfort I would have been very offended by that.
    10. I bet it was extremely scary to be in a disciples sandals. Jesus is telling them they will be hated, you will turn people against each other and against you. When persecuted flee. I'd have been terrified of what was to come.
    10.

    ReplyDelete