Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 33

Genesis 39 is anther chapter the I like.  Even though Joseph is sold into slavery he still finds faith in God.  God takes care of Joseph while he is Egypt.  Everything he does the Lord is in and he prospers.  Potiphar notices this and decides to put him in charge of all that he has.  Once this was done Potiphar began to prosper as well.  Potiphar's wife on the other hand begins to have other ideas for Joseph and wants to lie with him.  Joseph refuses all of her advances and runs out.  She fabricates a story that she tells Potiphar who then puts Joseph in jail.  While in jail Joseph is still in God's favor and is put in charge of the jail.

Genesis 40 brings two more people into the care of Joseph while he is in prison.  While they are there they each have a dream.  Joseph interprets these dreams.  We find out that the cupbearer will be lifted back up to his position.  The baker however will be put to death.  Now each of these interpretations came to be and Joseph is forgotten.

The rest of Matthew 21 tells a few more stories.  The first one that we read today I do not understand it.  The next story which is of two sons I think has a lot of meaning.  It shows us a sense of repentance.  It shows that we can be wrong and still correct our ways and enter the kingdom of Heaven.  The last part of this chapter I really have no clue what to think.  I am at a lose as to what is actually happening in this parable.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Genesis 41, 42 and Matthew 22:1 - 22

2 comments:

  1. 39. Fun how you can spot people who are favored by God.
    40. How could the cupbearer forget Joseph? If someone predicted that I would be released from prison and restored to my position and it came true, I think it would be really hard to forget them. I also wish I could interpret dreams.
    21. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who had no idea what the parables mean at the end. Apparently speaking in parables fulfills a prophecy too, but I kind of wish Jesus would explain some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I miss those chapters where he told the parable and then spelled it out in plain language for the disciples.

    ReplyDelete