Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 55

Today's reading threw me for a loop.  Never did I expect to just jump into a random Psalm and then to only read one of them.  None the less we are here.  So, Psalm 90, what can we say about this song.  I personally noted a few verses that I can remember from various songs sung at church.  However, I could not read this as a song.  I saw it more as a prayer.  Which when reading the fine print of my Bible I see that it was.  The fine print says "A prayer of Moses the man of God."

Leviticus 1 is instructions on how the Israelites are to prepare their burnt offerings. 

Chapter 2 of Leviticus is how to deal with an offering of Grain.

Mark 5 begins with the story of a man possessed by a legion of demons.  These demons plead with Jesus and it appears that He has compassion for them.  He allows them to leave this man and travel to a nearby heard of pigs.  Now, I am not sure if the promise was not to hurt the man or to not hurt the demons.  Whichever it is the demons leave this man and enter  into a herd of pigs.  The pigs immediately run down the hill and drown themselves in the lake.  I could only imagine what this Shepherd must have felt like when he had to tell his master that his herd is gone what type of angry he must have been.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Leviticus 3, 4, 5 and Mark 5:21 - 43

1 comment:

  1. 90. I'm so excited to start reading Psalms. I know we don't read another one for a while, but I'm still excited to get started. Isn't The Prayer of Moses, the man of God" the first line? It is in my Bible. "Satisfy us in the morning with thy steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. 15 Make us glad as many days as thou hast afflicted us" I personally took this as a great reminder to find joy in every day.
    1 & 2. These chapters make we wonder why one does offerings anymore? Is God over wanting offerings? Just curious.
    5. I don't remember this story from Matthew, is it new? I think it's interesting that the people were afraid and wanted him to leave. He just did a great thing, it seems to me they would want him to stay and continue to help people there.

    ReplyDelete