Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 48

I apologize, I am a little behind.  I have barely had time to get on a computer the last few days and I am going to try and make up for it tonight.  So, just in case you are following along and I miss a day please do not hesitate to keep reading.  If you need a copy of the schedule, please use the link below.

1 Year Reading Plan

Exodus 25.  Well, I guess I am a little confused.  I am assuming that Moses is still on the mountain, but I do not know for sure.  Anyway, the Lord is still giving instructions to Moses on how the Israelites are to live.  Chapter 25 begins with the types of offerings that are to be brought to the tabernacle.  One of those items had my mind saying "what is that?"  I had no idea what a sea cow was so I had to Google it and this is what I found.  The next little portion we read is on the ark.  The ark reads to be an amazing item and one that would be sought after by people still today.  Some more information on the ark can be found here.  We then learn of a special table that is to be built and I am unaware of its exact purpose.  We then read of a special lampstand that was built out of pure gold.  If I am not mistaken we may know it better as a menorah today.

Exodus 26 is a very descriptive chapter on how to build the tabernacle.  What this might have looked like is pictured below.



Mark 1 begins with John the Baptist.  We learn a little about John and what he did preaching the good news about Jesus.  We then read of the baptism of Jesus and the temptations he faced after that.  We then see Jesus entering Galilee and calling four of his disciples to him.  I am going to hold off on the next 2 verses till tomorrow's reading.  I feel this book is restating a lot of information that we have already read.  I am sure that it will go further then the previous time or we quickly switch to stuff that we have not read about.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Exodus 27, 28 and Mark 1:23 - 45

1 comment:

  1. 25. & 26. Thank you for the picture. I found these chapters kind of boring. Nothing actually happens in them it's all just a description.
    1. I love hearing about John the Baptist, I think he is a fascinating character.

    ReplyDelete