Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 57

Leviticus chapters 6 and 7 continue with more information about the different offerings and what the priest are suppose to do.

Mark 6 begins with Jesus teaching in his hometown.  The people there show him no honor.  I think it would have been a great honor to say that the king of the people came from my neighborhood.  After that we see Jesus giving instructions to the disciples to go out and teach and heal.  He has given them all authority to drive out demons.  What that must have felt like, I could only imagine.  We then finish our daily reading with the story of the beheading of John the Baptist.  I still find this story to be very discomforting.  I think that is one oath I could have welched on.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Leviticus 8, 9, 10 and Mark 6:30 - 56

1 comment:

  1. 6 & 7. Being a priest at this time sounds like a messy business.
    6. 4 "And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house." I totally see this. The people of Jesus hometown think to themselves, he can't be the messiah He's Mary's son. He's this boy who's been near us all this time. I'm sure they feel too close to Jesus for him to be the Son of God. It would be as if someone told me You were the second coming. I'd be like, "Mike, no way! I've known him forever."

    ReplyDelete