Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 53

Chapter 36 of Exodus begins with Moses bringing the workers together to begin building the items that the Lord had instructed.  The Israelites have been bringing the items needed every morning as offerings to the Lord in order to build those items.  It gets to a point where they have brought so much that they have an abundance of material needed to build everything.  That goes to show the power of the Lord and what he can do with a group of people.  The rest of chapter 36 is the building of the tabernacle.

Exodus 37 is the building of the Ark, table, lampstand, and altar of incense.

Exodus 38 continues with the items being built that the Lord commanded.  The altar of burnt offering, basin for washing, and the courtyard.  We also then read an account of all the material used.  I found this little bit rather interesting.  I would not have figured them for keeping track of this type of information.

Mark 4 tells of the parable of the sower.  I think this is an amazing story.  There is such a meaning in this parable and Jesus spells it out for us in plain text.  One area I found interesting was "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you.  But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that, " 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"  (Mark 4:11, 12)  I think this little portion is very confusing and interesting at the same time.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Exodus 39, 40 and Mark 4:21 - 41

1 comment:

  1. 36. I was shocked by the offerings of the people. The amount of raw materials needed seems so immense and yet they had an abundance, truly awesome.
    37. & 38. I don't really have anything to say about these chapters. I thought they were pretty tedious to read.
    4. I agree with you. I don't really understand why Jesus must speak in parables. I don't understand several of them and it is frustrating. Why are the common people not to understand, it seems to me you would want it to be clear to everyone.

    ReplyDelete