Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 41

Exodus 9 continues with more plagues.  The first plague in this chapter is another plague that only effects the Egyptians, it is a plague on livestock.  The next plague was one of boils.  Then came a plague of hail.  This was the worst storm that Egypt had ever seen.  Egyptians were started to believe in the Israelite God but the pharaoh still had a hardened heart.

Exodus 10 has yet more plagues.  The first plague is one of locusts.  The locusts destroy all that is left in Egypt.  You have to begin to wonder how the pharaoh can still not believe.  His heart is hardened for sure.  These chapters are beginning to make me wonder if these plagues are why Egypt is covered by so much sand.  The next plague is one of darkness.  I cannot imagine how dark it must have been for the Egyptians.  Three days with no light what so ever would tend to make a few people a little crazy.

Chapter 11 of Exodus tells us that the Lord is going to through the land of Egypt and every firstborn son will die.  He tells them that their will be no distinctions what so ever.  Pharaoh or slave every firstborn will die.

The last portion of Matthew 25 explains that the good will be separated from the evil.  The good shall receive a eternal home in Heaven while the evil are sent to the devil.  We learn that we should be humble to others, we are to serve others.  While serving these others we are actually serving God.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Exodus 12, 13 and Matthew 26:1 - 35

1 comment:

  1. 9. The boils seems so awful to me. How are the people not convinced? That there is a single person living through this that doubts the power of God is truly unbelievable.
    10. My Bible says God hardened the Pharaoh's heart. God knows that Pharaoh will not let the people go yet he keeps making Moses try. I'm not so sure that I get why yet. I'll reserve a decision until we get to the end of the chapter I guess.
    11. I wonder if this is devastating news to Moses. I mean who wants to hear that you will be bringing the death of all first born sons to Egypt. Even if they've been given many chances to avoid it, that can't be a message you want to deliver.
    25. I know I need to serve more any my own life. A powerful lesson in this chapter. Sometimes "the least of these" scare me a little, I need to get over that.

    ReplyDelete