Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 54

In Exodus 39 the Israelites continue to build the items the Lord had instructed them to.  They build all of the priestly garments, which are the final items to be built.  Once everything is completed they bring it before Moses to be inspected.  Moses approves of everything and then blesses the Israelites.

Moses sets up the tabernacle in Exodus 40 as he is commanded by the Lord.  Everything is put in its place as the Lord had instructed and Aaron and his sons were anointed as priest.  One thing that confused me was towards the end of this chapter were we are told Moses is not allowed to enter the tent of meeting.  I am not sure why he was not allowed.  I do not know if I missed a verse or something somewhere where it is mentioned why he is not allowed to be in the presence of God.

The end of Mark 4 continues with more parables.  These parables contain meanings of the growth of heaven and its people.  I found it interesting that we hear that even after Jesus tells these parables to the masses that he breaks them down for his disciples when they are alone.  The very last portion of this chapter we see the disciples scared and going to Jesus for help.  It amazes me sometimes with all the miracles that they see and yet they still doubt that He will take care of them in times of danger.

Well, congratulations one more book completed.  We have 4 down and 62 remaining.  Does it feel overwhelming at all or has it became such a habit that you do not even think about it anymore?

Tomorrow's reading is:
Psalms 90, Leviticus 1, 2, and Mark 5:1 - 20

1 comment:

  1. 39. It's interesting to me how much better I'm able to follow along with the garment construction then I am with the actual construction. I'm assuming this is because I know more about clothes look like then a tabernacle.
    40. How strange it would be to be traveling with them and have to go or stay based on a giant cloud that is God. The only thing I remember is God told Mosses he wasn't allowed to look at his face. Not sure if that's what is going on here or not. Yay! for finishing another book.
    4. We get to hear the mustard seed parable again in this chapter. One of my favorites so far.

    ReplyDelete