Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 50

Exodus 29 talks completely about how to consecrate the tent of meeting, altar and the priest.

Exodus 30 is  a chapter on how to prepare things for a period of atonement.

Mark 2 starts out by telling a story of a paralytic man.  His friends knew where Jesus was at and knew that they would not be able to get through the crowd.  So, they took him to the roof where Jesus was and dug through the roof.  I imagine this took a good bit of work, once through they lowered him to Jesus.  Jesus healed him and forgave his sins.  We then read about the calling of Levi and also have a verse I think it would be wise for all of us to remember.  Jesus said "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.  I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Mark 2:17)   The last little bit of this chapter seems familiar again as if we have read it before.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Exodus 31, 32, 33 and Mark 3:1- 19

2 comments:

  1. 29. Let me just say I'm SO glad that God has never asked me to sacrifice an animal in his name, b/c it sounds gross!
    30. I'm really not liking this section of Exodus. It seems sort of materialistic all this talk of adorning everything with gold and jewels.
    2. That same verse stuck out to me. I'm pretty sure it's a retelling from Matthew also, but it never hurts to reiterate a good point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I have a pretty strong stomach but wow that would be a process that I think I would have a hard time with.

    ReplyDelete