Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 106

Judges 7 has some interesting things going on in it.  We start out by find out that Gideon's army is to large.  So, the Lord separates them out by how they drink water.  I find this very interesting and remember doing something like this in Sunday morning Bible class when I was a little kid.  The next part is what threw me.  Gideon himself goes down to the enemy camp and listens to them as they talk around the campfire.  My main thought is how did they not recognize this man as he set with them around their campfire and think who is this guy, I have not seen him before?  Then they go into battle.

Judges chapter 8 has the conclusion of the battles of Gideon.  Gideon is asked to rule over the Israelites which he declines.  Knowing their history I do not blame him one bit.  Towards the end of this chapter we Gideon passing away and the Israelites falling right back into their bad habits.

The first portion of our reading in Luke 13 today starts out by saying that not everyone is going to get into heaven.  The last portion I do not really get.  I see a reference to three days and wonder if He is not giving them a glimpse that He will only be dead for three days.  Other then that I do not have much for the reading in Luke today.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Judges 9, 10 and Luke 14:1-24

1 comment:

  1. 7. What an interesting way to separate people. The witteling down of the army is quite the concept to me. God really wanted people to know it was his doing not just sheer numbers.
    8. Judges is one big long test of how stupid (maybe a little harsh, but come on) and stubborn the Isrealites can be. Again they turn away from God, Unbelievable!
    13. It sounds to me like Jesus is washing his hands of Jerusalem there at the end. I'm not sure about the stuff before that.

    ReplyDelete