Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 93

Deuteronomy 28 gives us a short section of blessings and then a whole list of curses.  It really goes to show that you do not want to go against God because he can be ruthless. 

Deuteronomy 29 is all about the covenant that the Israelites will enter into with the Lord.   And if they do not follow through with this covenant, will lets just say I would not want to be that person.  Curse after curse will fall upon that person and it will not be good.  God goes as far as saying that their name will be blotted out of heaven.  Now, I do not know if that means that they will not be able to ask for forgiveness and still enter into heaven or if they are completely out and going down.

I really like the last story in Luke 7.  It shows no matter how much or how little we have sinned that we all can still be forgiven.  It also shows that the person who has sinned more and done more wrong should be more grateful for this forgiveness. 

Tomorrow's reading is:
Deuteronomy 30, 31 and Luke 8:1 - 25

1 comment:

  1. 28. Things get very bleak in this chapter. I really felt like I was loosing touch with it when they started talking about eating your own offspring.
    29. I was slightly confused about the secret things that belong to the Lord.
    7. I think it would be a strange scene to be eating your supper while some one washed the feet of Jesus with their hair. I get the point of the story, I'm just struck by the visual as well.

    ReplyDelete