Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 120

Wow, chapter 19 of 1 Samuel is a great chapter.  I enjoyed reading this chapter.  There is so much going on in it that I do not know where to begin.  Saul seems to still be jealous of David and is now trying to persuade people to kill him.  Saul's son is not for this and leaks that information to David so that he can get away.  Saul finally gets tired of the people he has ordered to kill David not following through that he decides to do it himself.  The sad part is he can not do it either.  I actually had to laugh when i read that he fell down and prophesied too.

Psalm 23 I do not think I can improve on so I am just going to write it down for us to read again.  "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."  I put in the King James Version just because I like the way it reads.

Psalm 59 is kind of gruesome.  I am intrigued by it though and would be interested in hearing what other readers think about it.


The first part of Luke 21 is an amazing story.  I feel that I can relate to it in so many ways.  I know that sometimes it hurts to give but I have come to realize that if faith is placed in him all will be taken care of.  The next section is one that always sparks a little bit of conversation.  Many people are starting to believe that we are in those end times that these verses spoke about.  I can see how many might think that but I think it is not here yet.


Tomorrow reading is:
1Samuel 20, 21, Psalms 34 and Luke 21:20-38

1 comment:

  1. 19. This chapter is kind of a comedy of errors for Saul. Poor guy everyone is against his killing David, even his own children. I like the scene (because in my head it plays like a movie) where Michal lowers David out the window so he can escape.
    23. "My cup overflows" I love that! What a wonderful, comforting Psalm. Beautiful, that's all you can say about that.
    59. I feel like this a a lot of the other Psalms really highlight how very different the times we live in are from that of David. I have no need to pray for the destruction of my enemies. The part about protection is applicable, but at least for me I don't know about the "consumption" of others. I like the ending though. "17 O my Strength, I will sing praises to thee, for thou, O God, art my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love."
    21. It's scary to think of the persecution that will come. I've lived my life free of religious persecution and am not so sure how I'll stand up if it come to that.

    ReplyDelete