Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 107

Judges 9 has a lot going on in it.  We see a variety of battles and killing.  I can not believe the way they are acting and then to go up and kill seventy people to make one a ruler.  I think the curse that was put on them was well worth it.  I will be honest though I was a little confused when Abimelech started going to battle against those who made him a king. 

Judges 10 it looks like the Israelites are back at it again.  Over and over the Israelites continue to fall away from God.  It is amazing how many times He will take them back.  I am glad that He is so patient with them.  It shows that He is a patient God and wants us to do the right thing no matter how long it takes.  I know I have fallen away and gone back before.  Do I want to continue to do that, no.  I think the reading of the Israelites story has been very good for me. 

Luke 14 starts off with a bang.  I think this first portion is very important to note.  Jesus shows that some work is required on the Sabbath day.  We are not to go and make a habit of working on the Sabbath day but certain things need to be done.  The next portion about honor was kind of eye opening for me.  It really shows that we should be humble.  If we are humble then we can not be humiliated but we can be honored.  The last little portion kind of left me confused.  I wish I could fully understand what He is trying to teach us here.  I am looking at it as everyone is invited to him but those that do not come will be shut off from Him. 

Tomorrow's reading is:
Judges 11, 12 and Luke 14:25-35

1 comment:

  1. 9. I had a hard time telling who the bad guy was and who I was suppose to be rooting for,
    10. I know your right and if I saw my story written out I'm sure it would look the same (in that I fall away from God, not all the killing stuff) but I was glad to see God refuse to help them.
    14. I liked the parable about being humble too. Makes a lot of sense. I think (I bet you love my uninformed opinions) that you are right on track Mike. I understand it as. You shouldn't be to busy or put off coming to Christ b/c there may not be a seat for you anymore if you put God off till later. Something like that anyway.

    ReplyDelete