Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 110

In Judges 16 Samson meets Delilah and falls in love with her.  She is easily swayed to do harm to Samson though by an exuberant amount of money.  She tries to find the secret to Samson's strength.  He tells her multiple times different things to take his strength away.  Each time she does what he says and then calls the Philistines in to kill him.  Delilah I think by now would be ticked off as she appears to be but not around any more if it was me she was doing this to.  Anyway Samson finally caves and tells Delilah what the secret is to his strength and she goes about removing his hair.  When the Philistines come upon him this time they over power Samson and gouge out his eyes.  After that they put him to work in the prison.  You would think that the Philistines would have learned something from this but they did not.  While in prison Samson's hair began to grow back and his strength returning with it.  The Philistines bring Samson out to entertain them and place him next to the supporting pillars of the temple.  Samson prays for strength to return to him for one last act to get revenge for his eyes.  Samson then knocks down the two pillars killing more Philistines during his death then he did while he was alive.  Now for fun I have to post this video from Tim Hawkins a Christian comedian.


Judges 17 does not make a lot of sense to me.  It also made me wonder during all this time of faltering back and forth what happened to all the stuff the Levites were suppose to be in charge of like the tent and the ark and various other things.

Judges 18 brings us the tribe of Dan.  The tribe of Dan has yet to receive their inheritance in the promised land and decide that it is time for them to claim a stake of land.  They find a place and attack it, destroy it, and rebuild it.  The one thing that confuses me though is the fact that they stopped at the house of Micah and took his Levite priest and idols.  My concern is how did this tribe win the battle with possession of these idols in their mist.  Once they have the city they set up the idols.

The last part of Luke 15 I am not going to say much about as most people know this parable.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Judges 19, 20, 21 and Luke 16

1 comment:

  1. 16. I don't really understand why Sampson continues to tell Delilah anything.
    17. I don't think this chapter makes sense either. And I'm again confused on who is a bad guy and who is a good guy. Just like life I guess it's hard to tell.
    18. About time tribe of Dan! I'm confused about the idols too. This is what makes me feel like Micah is a bad guy, but then he's treated like a good guy? Very confusing. His priest showed a lot of loyalty didn't he?
    15. I think it's amazing how forgiving and unquestioning the Father is in this story. It's a comforting parable for anyone who has had to ask for forgiveness. Which is probably everyone.

    ReplyDelete