Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 92

Deuteronomy 26 is about how they are to tithe when they enter the promised land.

Deuteronomy 27 has some interesting curses at the end of it.  For some reason that part really stood out in my mind.  The rest of the chapter has to do with setting up stones with all the laws on them and building an altar.

Luke 7 begins with another familiar story.  The story of the centurion who wanted Jesus to heal one of his servants.  Jesus healed him because the faith the centurion had.  We then read about a boy that Jesus raised from the dead.  This story is a new one for me, at least I think it is.  It is one I would have truly loved to be in the audience to see.  To hear Jesus say get up and then see this dead boy rise makes me wonder how many people fell to the ground in shock or worship?  The last little bit of our reading in Luke tells us more of John the Baptist.  The words of praise given to him by Jesus, how amazing.  I think I would be falling apart to hear those words spoken about me.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Deuteronomy 28, 29 and Luke 7:31 - 50

1 comment:

  1. 26. At the end of this chapter we get a warning about following God's commandments with our whole hearts. I think in these times this would have been very hard to do. There are so many rules and offerings and specifications, it would be hard not to get complacent about doing these things in your day to day life.
    27. I think it's interesting that it says "And all the people say Amen", after everything.
    7. You must really have a LOT of faith to amaze Jesus with your faith.

    ReplyDelete