Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 111

Judges 19 leaves me disgusted.  I really do not like this chapter at all.  I do not understand its purpose either.

Judges 20 is a battle between the Israelites and the Benjamites.  This battle is in response to what happened in chapter 19.  Why they told the story twice in the same chapter I am puzzled about.

Judges 21 talks about the Benjamites again and how they do not have wives.  I do not get these last few chapters and how they bounce back and forth between things being good and bad.  So much going on that I really seem to be lost.

Luke 16 has a few different parables in it.  The only one that I really like is the last one.  It really shows that we should take care of others.  All the parables in this chapter seem to deal with taking care of others or the property of others.  The last one though shows that our actions can make a difference not only here on Earth but where we may end up when we die.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Ruth 1, 2, 3, 4 and Luke 17:1-19

1 comment:

  1. 19. I feel like he really added insult to injury when he cut her up and sent her to the different territories.
    20. I realize that what happened in the previous chapter was bad but I think it's strange that they are going to attack the Benjamites and cut them off from the rest of the Isrealites for it.
    21. To me it seems like the Isrealites are already caving on throwing out the Benjamites. Why should they care where they get they're wives? You've just defeated them in battle wouldn't it be better for the Isrealites if they couldn't get wives and just died out? Very confusing few chapters. Pretty unpleasant too.
    16. I don't understand the first parable at all. I liked the part about justifying our actions and how God knows our hearts. That really hit home for me.

    ReplyDelete