Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 61

 Leviticus 14 tells how the Israelites were to become clean again after an infectious skin disease.  It really seems to be some major process for all sacrifices in this time period.  In my personal opinion I am glad I did not live in this time frame.  Wow, the process for cleansing a house is not much different.  It sounds like there is a lot of work involved in all things cleansing.

Mark 8 begins with the second time Jesus feeds a large crowd.  I find it interesting that each time we read these stories we are only told how many men were present.  It really makes me wonder how many people total were feed during these stories.  We then read about the pharisees testing Jesus again.  I am apparently with the disciples in this last little bit of reading for the today.  I do not know what he is talking about with the yeast in this story.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Leviticus 15, 16 and Mark 8:22 - 38

2 comments:

  1. 14. I'm going to guess that the people at PETA are not big fans of Leviticus.
    8. I'm with Jesus. How many times do they need to see miracles before they believe. Jesus will provide for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this Q&A explanation in an online study guide regarding the yeast:

    What did Jesus mean by the yeast of the Pharisees and King Herod? (the influence of the Pharisees and King Herod)

    What did the disciples think Jesus was talking about? (They thought He was telling them they didn’t have bread to eat.)

    Why did Jesus tell the disciples they had eyes but didn’t see, and they had ears but could not hear? (They saw and heard what Jesus did, but they didn’t really understand the deeper meaning.)

    ReplyDelete