Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 65

Leviticus 21 is another one of those chapters that just reach out and smack you.  It is pretty blunt I do not know how to elaborate on it any further then what was already written.

Leviticus 22 is another one of those chapters on offerings.  To be honest I am getting a little tired of reading Leviticus.  I have had enough on how to slaughter and animal and sprinkle, chop, and burn it in the correct way.

Mark 10 starts our pretty hard.  Jesus is talking to the pharisees and the question Him about divorce.  Jesus says that if divorce is allowed it is a form of adultery.  Jesus once again then accept the little children.  I love the relationship Jesus shows for all the little children.  We then read the story about the rich man trying to enter into the kingdom of heaven.  Jesus tells him that he needs to give all that he has to the poor and follow him and he will be allowed into heaven.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Leviticus 23, 24 and Mark 10:32 - 52

1 comment:

  1. 21. The instructions in this chapter are just for priest? Or am I reading that incorrectly.
    22. Agreed!
    10. I liked the first section on divorce. It seems even in the times of Jesus people were looking for an easy out on their marriages. Sometimes I wish divorce still had the stigma it use to.

    ReplyDelete