Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 69

Welcome to Numbers chapter 1.  We start out with what reads like a gearing up of war.  They hold a census to count everyone and gather those 20 years old or older to serve in the military.  I am not sure if the  total size of their military was 603,550 or that was the number of people all together.

Numbers 2 basically tells us how they camped around the tent of meeting.

Mark 12 starts out by going straight into a parable.  I believe this parable is sort of a telling of Jesus life.  I see Jesus in this parable creating the vineyard (Earth) and leaving us to take care of it.  Sadly, we do not do a perfect job and try to take it over with out Jesus in the picture.  The next little chunk is once again the pharisees trying to trap Jesus.  This time they are trying to do it in regards to money.  I am not fond of this little bit of reading just because it says we should pay our taxes.  Oh, how I would love to get rid of those.  The last bit of reading we have in Mark 12 for today tells how we will not be married in Heaven.  I can really understand this since in other verses it says we worship all day.  Really would you want to do anything else once you get to Heaven other then worship.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Numbers 3, 4 and Mark 12:28 - 44

1 comment:

  1. 1. Well, you find out right away why the call it Numbers don't you.
    2. I think it's interesting that they thought we needed a record of how the encampment was set up. I wonder what the significance of the arrangement was.
    12. I think that is an interesting take on that parable. I didn't really think of it that way. I can see how that makes sense. I kind of like the give to Cesar what is Cesar's and to God what is God's phrase.

    ReplyDelete