Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 89

Deuteronomy 17 continues on in the same tradition as the previous chapters in Deuteronomy.

Deuteronomy 18 begins with what the Levites were to receive, then goes into what they should not do in the eyes of the Lord.  It ends with information on a prophet that the Lord is going to send them.

Deuteronomy 19 is about the cities that are to be set aside as a place of safety for those needing refugee.  It also talks about the rules of a witness.

Luke 5 ends with Jesus healing a paralytic man.  We also read about Levi being called to work with Jesus.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Deuteronomy 20, 21, 22 and Luke 6:1 - 26

1 comment:

  1. 17. Can you imagine if we still followed these rules? There would be a lot fewer people on this earth, I'm not sure I'd make the cut.
    18. If I was in that crowd I would have been looking around trying to figure out who the next prophet would be.
    19. It stands out to me that God tells the people not to pity those that he asks the people to kill.
    5. I think I mentioned it last time that we covered it, but I still love the analogy about healthy people not needing a dr. Such a good, strong point.

    ReplyDelete