Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 72

Numbers 7 repeats over and over and over.  I sort of felt like it was a broken record.  We read the same paragraph 12 different times.  One for each of the 12 families, a different family each day.

Numbers 8 is all about how to make the Levites clean for their duties with the tent of meeting.  It also lays out a few guidelines about how long they are allowed to work.  I kind of like their retirement age.  Fifty seems like a good age to retire at, to bad most of us now work well past that age.

The rest of Mark 13 has to deal with the timing of the apocalypse.  Jesus tells us that only the Father knows the date of the final day.  We are to be ready for it at any moment.  In this manner we should live our life at the ready.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Numbers 9, 10, 11 and Mark 14:1 - 26

1 comment:

  1. 7. I think it's funny that after reading all that, over and over, it gives you a recap at the end. I mean how important is it that we know exactly what was offered, that you need to repeat it 12 times with a recap?
    8. I thought this chapter was a little strange. I thought for a second there that we might be leading up to some human sacrifice.
    13. I think the part about false Christ and false Profits is interesting. You see that happen all the time in cults. People are always claiming to be the second coming. This always baffles me a little bit, these people claim to be so holy and yet what they are saying is sacrilege. They either really believe there own hype or they are sociopaths.

    ReplyDelete