Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 70

Numbers 3 tells us about the clans of the Levites.  It tells what each family was responsible for in the tent of meeting.

In my opinion Numbers 4 is basically a little more in depth version of chapter 3.

The ending of Mark 12 begins with the greatest commandment.  "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."  (Mark 12:29,30)  "The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'  There is no commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:31)  The very last portion of this chapter is one I like.  In my mind it shows that Jesus does not care how much offering you give but it is in how you give.  In this story some are putting in an offering to basically show off then the poor women puts in very little but it was all she had.  It shows her putting God first and when we put God first He will take care of us.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Numbers 5, 6 and Mark 13:1 - 20

1 comment:

  1. 3. I'm curious why the sons of Levi are special among the Isrealites.
    4. Okay, I'm not going to lie. I'm starting to get a little nervous that Number is just going to be a book documenting the census. Which (God forgive me) is going to be kind of boring. I was all hopeful when chapter one seemed to be the assembly of an army, but now it looks like all they talk about is counting people.
    12. I really liked the second half of this chapter. I like that the greatest two commandments deal with love, our love of God and our love of our neighbor. This makes a strong statement to me about what is really important. I also love the part about offering.

    ReplyDelete