Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 60

Leviticus 13, what a chapter.  In my opinion we see the first doctors are priest.  Even though their treatments are not much of a treatment.  I wonder what is to happen to those people that never become clean again.  We also read about mildew on their clothes and the steps taken to determine if it is clean.  Both of these sound a lot alike.

The rest of Mark 7 starts by showing us what makes us clean or unclean.  We then read about a young daughter who is possessed and Jesus cures her.  The next little section is interesting to me.  The process who took to make the deaf and mute man whole again is a little gross.  I am not sure why Jesus needed to spit for this miracle to work.

Way to go folks, we have made it two whole months.  I hope every one is feeling good about what they have been reading.  I also hope that you are taking it to heart and that your life is beginning to change because of what you have read.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Leviticus 14 and Mark 8:1 - 21

2 comments:

  1. 13. I agree about the doctors and had the same questions about what happens to the unclean. My favorite part about this was the section where it says if your hair falls out you're bald but clean. Made me laugh.
    7. I was curious if what Jesus is saying here negates what is being said in the Old Testament?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I have been told. We are to live by the new testament and the old testament is given to us basically as a history. Not sure if that is correct or not though.

    ReplyDelete