Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 85

Deuteronomy 5 gives us a recap of the ten commandments.  Deuteronomy may get a little old in my eyes if it just keeps going over the stuff that we have already read about.  I am worried that we are going to start reading about all the procedures for the offerings again.

Deuteronomy 6 gives us the greatest commandment again.  Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and strength.  It really is the greatest commandment and I can never read it enough.

Deuteronomy 7 is a recap of what they are to do to the lands they are preparing to take over.

Luke 3 gives us a lot of information in a very short chapter.  We start out by learning of John the Baptist beginning his teaching in the desert and quickly read right into his imprisonment.  We then read a very quick section of the baptism of Jesus and then a bit of genealogy of the line from Jesus all the way back to Adam.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Deuteronomy 8, 9, 10 and Luke 4:1 - 30

1 comment:

  1. 5. I don't have anything to say about this really.
    6. I loved this chapter. "6 And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart; 7 and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." Loved it!
    7. I'm not sure what I think about the handling of other gods in Deuteronomy. Yet another area where I think I'll have to do more studying.
    3. This was the most interesting genealogy we've read so far. I found myself actually following along, CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete