Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 77

Numbers 20, really Israelites, do you still not have enough faith in the Lord.  I mean every time you grumble in the eyes of the Lord about what He is doing, you get what you want and also have something bad happen to you.  Moses and Aaron create water from a rock which must have been an amazing site.  Could you imagine smacking a rock and having a spring of water shooting out of it.  We also lose Aaron in this chapter.  Aaron is brought to his family because he did not have enough faith.  That is at least the way that I read it.

Numbers 21 talks of many travels that the Israelites made.  Once again they complained to the Lord and many of them died.  If I was them I think I would keep my mouth shut and do nothing but praise the Lord.

Numbers 22 tells a story of a king wanting to stop the Israelites.  He goes to a man that is in the eyes of the Lord and ask him to put a curse on the Israelites.  The Lord comes to this man and tells him that he is to do nothing of the sort.  They ask for him to travel with him, which he refuses.  They can not give up though and they go back to persuade him once again.  This time he travels with them but is instructed to do nothing but what the Lord commands him to do.

The remaining portion of Mark 15 actually ends with the death of Jesus.  I do not see much difference in this reading compared to the other version we read earlier.  The only thing I see is that we do not see a guard placed at the tomb.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Numbers 23, 24, 25 and Mark 16

2 comments:

  1. 20. I'm confused about what Aaron did that showed a lack of faith. I read it twice and still don't really understand.
    21. These are not people I would want to be trying to invade with. They seem like a bunch of deserters that complain when things get the least uncomfortable.
    22. So far I'm finding Numbers very confusing. The way I read it God tells Balaam to go with them and then gets mad at him when he goes?
    15. Apparently I'm full of questions today. The sour wine they offer him on the sponge, is that meant to help Jesus or is it another taunt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I understand Aaron is dying so he does not get to enter into the promised land. He does not get to enter the promised land because he rebelled against God's commands. I found this article that might lend a better glimpse as to what happened.

    Moses and Aaron's Sin

    ReplyDelete