Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 80

Numbers 28 and 29 I am going to combine in this posting as they are both about offerings again.  One thing I noticed is that we have a daily offering mentioned.  Now, I am not sure if this something that is done as a community in whole or if each individual family is suppose to do this.  Either way I can see how the priest stay busy and would be glad to have the Lord's blessing as it seems that they would go through livestock pretty quick.

Numbers 30 tells us about keeping a vow.  We learn that vows are to be kept and what can nullify them.

Our reading in Luke give us another foretelling of a child to be born.  This child though is the one.  Gabriel meets with Mary and tells her that she is to have a son.  She wonders how this would even be possible since she is a virgin.  Gabriel basically says do not worry about it, God has everything under control.  She shows great faith here unlike Zechariah.  She answers the way I think we should all answer things.  "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered.  "May it be to me as you have said."  (Luke 1:38)  Could you imagine what our life would be like if we answered like that?  I am the Lord's servant, such simple words with such a deep commitment.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Numbers 31, 32, 33 and Luke 1:39 - 56

1 comment:

  1. 28 & 29. It's a wonder they didn't offer their livestock into extinction.
    30. Silly women, don't even know how to vow properly.
    1. I'm amazed by Mary. I would have had all kinds of questions and concerns, but she is so faithful.

    ReplyDelete