Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 66

Well, Leviticus 23 deals with a lot more offerings.  These offerings all deal with special feast that were to be held by the Israelites.  As many feast and offerings the Israelites are to perform I am beginning to wonder how any regular work ever gets done.  It sort of makes me feel like it is a many heaven on earth situation.  They worship the Lord all day long, sounds like a great party to me.

Leviticus 24 is one of those rough chapters.  Death once again is the punishment for any person that kills another man or blasphemies the Lord's name.  This must have been a very harsh time.  Everything is taken to the extreme and in a lot of instances I am seeing there is no chance to make retributions.

In are reading of Mark 10 we read Jesus telling His disciples once again about his death and resurrection.  I do not think the disciples are really understanding what He is trying to tell them.  We then find out that James and John put in a special request to sit at Jesus right and left hand at the table in Heaven.  I truly have to wonder if they had any clue what they were asking here or if it was just a bit of greed showing through.  Next we read of Bartimaeus being given sight.  His sight is given to him because he had faith in Jesus.  Jesus can do some amazing things as long as we have faith in Him.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Leviticus 25 and Mark 11:1 - 18

1 comment:

  1. 23. & 24. Reading Leviticus is starting to sound like this to me: blah, blah, blah, blah... I retaining very little of it and find myself mostly skimming these chapters. I don't want it to be that way, but I'm finding very little value in reading about animal sacrifices over and over with the occasional stoning thrown in for good measure.
    10. I remember this story from Matthew, but did not realize at the time that it was James and John making the request. I think it's definitely greed coming through and am not surprised the other disciples were offended by the request.

    ReplyDelete