Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 62

Well, Leviticus 15 is another one of those unclean chapters.  This chapter has to do mainly with men and women being unclean from body fluids.

Chapter 16 of Leviticus explains how the Israelites were to make atonement for their sins.  All I have to say is "I am glad I was not a priest back then."  I would have to have one amazingly thick book with the instructions in it just so I could perform all the tasks correctly.  I would hate to know what happened if you missed a step or did it incorrectly.

Mark 8 ends with yet another story of Jesus spitting on a person to heal him.  This time he is healing a blind man.  Jesus then talks about his death and explains what we must do to follow him into heaven.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Leviticus 17, 18 and Mark 9:1 - 29

3 comments:

  1. 15. This was a lovely chapter, wasn't it? I for one can't wait to be done with Leviticus.
    16. When Aaron confesses all the sins and transgressions of the Israelites over the goat, I bet that took a long time.
    8. I think it is very interesting to see how this account differs from the Matthew account. Gives you a new perspective, I can see why they are both included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you and Corin (& you're other fans!) are doing this and it doesn't weird me out at all that you 2 are reading about bodily fluids together. :) Okay, a little...but way less weird considering it's the Bible. It is THE Book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me Jenn I think it weirds me out more. When I read that chapter I thought, well this will be an interesting one to discuss.

    ReplyDelete