Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 81

Numbers 31 has the Israelites headed into battle.  Moses has 1,000 from each tribe prepared for battle on the Midianites.  After the battle is over not a single Israelite is lost.  God gives Moses instructions for how to split the spoils after the battle.  I guess with the number of livestock that they acquire it seems like they would have a large selection for an offering.

Numbers 32 left me a little confused.  I do not see how some of the Israelites would not want to enter into the promise land.  I mean really, do you think that this side of the river is so much better then what the Lord has in store for you on the other side of the river?

Numbers 33 is a chronicle of all of the Israelites travels.

As we continue reading in Luke 1 we find Mary traveling to see Elizabeth.  Upon Mary speaking to Elizabeth, Elizabeth's baby jumps in the womb.  What a miraculous sign.  It must have been something to feel that even your child in womb knows that there is something special about this women.  As for Mary's song, what an amazing song.  I do not think I could do it any more justice.

Tomorrow's reading is:
Numbers 34, 35, 36 and Luke 1:57 - 80

1 comment:

  1. 31. It made me sad when all but the young girls died from the plague. Then the poor girls that survived where given away with the livestock.
    32. The side of the river their on is good for cattle, apparently.
    33. I'm curious how old Mosses is getting to be?
    1. I'm loving Luke so far. I didn't realize that Mary and Elizabeth hung out while pregnant. That's kind of a cool connection between John the Baptist and Jesus.

    ReplyDelete